One other activity I am doing at the moment is cooking. I have always believed that good nutrition is incredibly important to keep us vibrant and healthy especially as we grow older. Today I thought that I would share a delicious gluten-free bread.
This is one of my favourite recipes. It was created by my niece Emma from Emma Marshall Nutrition. It is really quick and easy to make. I bake at least one loaf every week. It keeps very well in the fridge in a tupperware box or sealed bag.
190g ground almond
2 tbsp buckwheat flour (can use coconut) – you can use spelt but it is not gluten-free!
40g ground flaxseed
1 tsp sea salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
30g olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4 and line a small (1lb) loaf tin with parchment
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until everything is combined
- Bake until its golden and cooked through (approximately 40 minutes)
- Pierce it with a skewer and it should come out clean
- Leave it to cool then turn it out
- Store in a sealed Tupperware in the fridge or in a ziplock bag or you can slice and put in the freezer and take out a slice when you need it.
It is especially delicious topped with avocado and sliced tomatoes.
Don’t forget to add lots of garlic, ginger, turmeric, honey and herbs and spices to your recipes. They not only add flavour to your recipes but also have excellent properties to support your immune system.
Emma is a Registered Nutritional Therapist. A member of BANT (British Association of Nutritional Therapists) and CNHC (the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council). You can contact Emma at Emma Marshall Nutrition. You can also follow her on Instagram where she shares some of her delicious recipes.
Best wishes and stay well, Josephine